Braeside Loyal Orange Lodge No. 169
Braeside, Ontario, Canada
About the Lodge
Braeside Loyal Orange Lodge No. 169 received its warrant on September 21st, 1894.
John A. Neil was elected the first Worshipful Master. By 1907, sufficient interest and funds were raised to erect a hall which officially opened in November 1909. It served as an informal community centre where many people gathered to celebrate social and special events, regardless of religious affiliation.
12th of July parades took place in Braeside into the 1930’s. Other locations throughout the Ottawa Valley held parades well into the 1960’s.
The former hall is now a private residence.
September 21st, 1894
782 River Road, Braeside, Ontario