Ahoghill Loyal Orange Lodge No. 230
Crumlin, Ontario, Canada
About the Lodge
Ahoghill Loyal Orange Lodge No. 230 was originally founded in 1838 with a new warrant being issued to North Dorchester, Ontario area in April, 1848. The lodge was moved to Crumlin (now a part of London, Ontario) on February 23, 1850 and was named Ahoghill after the Irish home-town of some of the founders.
The lodge initially met in a brick lodge room erected just east of Crumlin; beginning in 1888, meetings were held in the Orange Hall at 866 Adelaide Street North in London, Ontario.
The earliest known officers (1888) were:
Bro. Samuel Clare – Worshipful Master
Bro. Hans Walker – Deputy Master
Bro. William Walker – Chaplain
Bro. William Brett – Recording Secretary
Bro. Robert Clare – Financial Secretary
Bro. John Walker – Treasurer
866 Adelaide Street North, London, Ontario