Victoria Loyal Orange Lodge No. 62
Whaley's Corners, Ontario, Canada
About the Lodge
Brother Andrew Grundy received the warrant for Victoria Loyal Orange Lodge No. 62 in 1835 making the lodge one of the oldest in the area.
The Lodge Hall was a plain farm building that had a door in the front and three windows on each side. The building was located on the south side of Steeles Avenue.
There were a number of local residents associated with Victoria Loyal Orange Lodge No. 62:
John T. Hanna;
John S. Hanna;
John A. Mason;
Joseph S. Mason; and
William Menary was Deputy Master of the Lodge in 1834. William Whaley was the Deputy Master in 1837. Henry Rutledge was Worshipful Master of the Lodge in 1902.
The Lodge ceased to operate sometime in the early twentieth century.
Steeles Avenue, Whaley's Corners, Ontario